Alea Air | Getting Started Guide
What’s in the box:
Ⓐ Alea Air Grille (Register)
Ⓑ Alea Getting Started Guide
Ⓒ Alea Air Vent
Ⓓ 2x #8 Mounting screws
Ⓔ * Sensor Module with 4X AA Alkaline Batteries
Ⓕ ** Alea AirHub (Gateway) with Ⓖ Ethernet cord and Ⓗ Power supply.
*Sold separately or included based on Alea Air package
** 1 Alea AirHub and components included with all Alea Air packages
Requirements for installation:
• Supported Alea Vent sizes (3"x10", 4"x10", 6"x10", 4"x12", 6"x12", 4"x14" or 6"x14")
• Central forced-air central heating and/or cooling HVAC system.
• Internet connection (ethernet port available on router)
• iOS 10.0 or later and Android 8.0 or later. (Mobile app is required to control setup, monitor, and control Alea.)
• Smart thermostat (*Recommended)
• Duct boot depth of 2 3/4" (learn more)
Tools you’ll need to install:
• Phillips screwdriver
Let’s Get Started
Step One - Set up the Alea AirHub Gateway
To set up your Ⓕ Alea AirHub you will connect the AirHub to your internet via the provided Ⓖ Ethernet cable. Note: You need to have an open Ethernet port on your router. (*WiFi capability will be coming soon via an over the air update - we’ll notify you when this is setup option is available.)
Connecting Alea AirHub via Ethernet:
• Open the Ⓕ Alea AirHub box which includes the Ⓖ Ethernet cord and Ⓗ Power cable:
① Insert the Ethernet cable into one of the numbered Ethernet ports on the rear panel of your Internet router.
② Plug the other end of the Ethernet cable into the port on the backside of the Alea AirHub.
③ Insert the Alea AirHub's power cable into the USB socket on the side of the device.
④ Plug the power end of the cable into the outlet, and the hub will power on.
Image points out 1-5 above.
Your Alea AirHub is now ready to connect with your Alea app when instructed in the Alea app onboarding process. Now you’re ready to download your Alea Air app, which gives you easy-to-follow steps for setting up your Alea Air.
Step Two - Download and launch the Alea app
To download the Alea App:
• On your mobile device, go to the App Store or Google Play Store.
• Do a search for “Alea Air”
• Download and install the Alea app on your mobile device.
• Launch the Alea app.
Or, click the appropriate store button below:
Step Three - Register as a new Alea user in the Alea app.
To set up your Alea Air account:
• Open the Alea App
• Follow the in-app instructions to create a new account.
Step Four - Property Set Up
• Name your property.
• Select your temperature unit preference for the app (Farenheit or Celsius).
• Enter your postal/zip code. Alea uses your zip code to access local weather data specific to your property.
Step Five - Connect App to Gateway
• Once your property details have been added in the Alea app, you will connect your app to the AleaHub gateway via bluetooth. Click the‘Find Gateway’‘ button. Then click the 'Connect’ button.
You will notice that once a vent is successfully connected, the ‘Connect’ button located next to the vent will update to show a ‘connected’ checkmark (as shown in image below).
Step Six - Activate Your First Alea Vent
• Determine the first room which you would like to add to your Alea system and find the corresponding Alea vent size box for that rooms vent replacement.
• Unbox the appropriate Ⓒ Alea vent and its Ⓔ Sensor Module.
To activate your Alea Vent(s):
① Insert the 4X AA Batteries into the Sensor Module making sure to pay close attention to the battery polarity and secure the backplate of the Module.
② When in place, the Sensor Module LED will temporarily turn Red.
③ Insert the activated Sensor Module into the Alea Vent. Make sure the snaps are engaged (otherwise the module might not function properly or even fall off if vent is mounted in ceiling.)
④ When the Sensor Module is correctly connected to the Alea vent, the Alea vent louvers will adjust open and closed to confirm activation.
Step Seven - Install Your First Alea Vent
To install your Alea Vent(s):
① Remove the existing register from the duct opening (for wall and ceiling vents you will need to remove the 2 screws securing the vents).
② Replace the existing register with the appropriately sized Alea vent. For floor placement, screws are not required, simply insert the vent into the duct opening. For ceiling or wall mounts, secure the vent with the provided screws inserted into the mounting holes. There are mounting holes on both the ends of the vent and in the middle of the vent for optional screw fastening options. Install the Alea vent so that the louvers send air towards the living space (see the direction of airflow in the image below).
③ Once the Alea Vent is securely in place, attach the Alea Grille Cover (the guiding pins and magnets will help you easily secure the cover in place).
Watch the installation video
Step Eight - Connect Your First Vent
With your first Alea vent activated and installed, and your Alea AirHub gateway initiated, and your app connected to the gateway, you are ready to connect the Alea app to your vent.
① Open your Alea app to the ‘Vents’ screen.
② Tap the 'Add Vent' button.
③ While in the room with the installed and activated Alea vent, name the vent you'd like to add to the system with its corresponding location (ex. Master Bedroom).
③ Tap the ‘Connect’ button.
Once this vent is successfully detected, the app will present a ‘Success’ screen and you will see the ‘connected’ checkmark next to the vent name. To complete your Alea Air setup, tap ‘Add new vent’ and repeat steps 6-8, moving room-to-room as you independently activate and install all of your Alea Air vents.
*** Please allow adequate time for the sensor readings presented in the app (temperature, air quality, humidity) to acclimate to your home. Initially, you will see "?" while the data is populating. This can take up to 20-30 minutes.
Step Nine - Customize Your Alea Preferences in the App
Follow the in-app setup prompts to begin customizing the Alea system to your comfort preferences and to familiarize yourself with how the app works.
Need any assistance at all? We’re always here and eager to help.
Email us anytime for a prompt response at firstname.lastname@example.org.